What are the pros and cons of using Amazon Web Services
Yeah, I guess I have some points to add to the aforementioned. Based on my experience withI’d also underline such pros and cons of AWS:
The advantages of AWS
– all of the services have APIs, which allow the DevOps engineers follow the IaC principles and use Terraform to design and deploy immutable IT infrastructure for the customers
– most of the services have SLAs, which is a huge benefit for startups, as they can greatly cut their support costs
– a huge variety of tools is built specifically to work with AWS and have detailed manuals on doing so.
– Despite its emphasis on cost-efficiency, AWS is actually pretty expensive as compared to GCP or Azure. At some point in their growth the companies understand that building and maintaining their own on-prem cloud would be a less expensive choice than to continue paying for ever-growing AWS bills.
– The platform has a quite steep learning curve and mastering all the required services on your own is hardly possible. For example, to build a truly resilient, secure and fail-safe IT infrastructure the company would have to figure out the use of routing and IAM politics – or hire an AWS-certified partner to configure the thing for them.
– Amazon APIs are numerous, yes, but they are far from perfect. For example, AWS does not provide SES in the Asian region, but their API allows the user to issue a SES resource creation request, which will be active until cancellation due to request time-out.
What is Amazon Web Services?
a secure cloud service platform which the database storage, content delivery and many more functionalities which helps the businesses around the world.
AWS have more than 1 million customers which includes Johnson & Johnson, soundcloud, UBISOFT.
Watch this AV about AWS:
· Easy to use
· High Performance
· It does not include enterprise grade support by default
· Experienced High Profile outages in recent history
· Billing is intensely confusing
· It doesn’t have control over environment
· More complex all patters